Strategy & Marketing
DIRECT REPORT (JOB TITLE)
Overall Purpose of the Position
The Product Analyst will be expected to contribute actively to the overall Products Strategy by providing the necessary insight and developing both functional and non-functional requirements. Towards this, the Product Analyst will collaborate and work closely alongside the Products team in order to carry out research, establish the feasibility of new propositions and to define the necessary business capabilities/requirements. Furthermore, the jobholder will also work with the Marketing team to explore entering into new market sectors; advise salespeople on a competitive pricing strategy; project the costs of development and launch for budget purposes; provide requirements to Technology to see new products come to life as well as utilise data and user feedback suggest improvements to the development team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Products team and other stakeholders, and making sure the requirements are understood and defined so that the product solution can be built/developed against those requirements.
- Refine requirements in order to provide estimates for value and cost. Indeed, the feasibility of the product must be verified. This is considered to be the main contribution to team and the Bank in general, i.e. to correctly project the costs of developing, launching and marketing a product, as well as potential sales and profit.
- Another key element is to thoroughly investigate dependencies. Towards this, components/systems that are to be used will be analysed to determine whether these require change requests or further development, what resources are needed and whether these are available.
- Detect, highlight and document relevant functional and non-functional requirements, and prepare all relevant documents that are needed in order to initiate development.
- Troubleshoot product-related issues as they arise in the production and test environments. Test plans will, thus, be created. Testing is done on the basis of test cases created by the Product Analyst, and after successful testing product is deployed.
- Identify concerns and opportunities, and acting as a bridge between different teams.
- Provide analysis of the whole product life cycle and recommends improvements thereof. This responsibility encompasses studying the competition to see what is already on the market, and what upgrades can be introduced to create a better or more useful product. Once the product is ready for launch, the Product Analyst will monitor its performance on the market and prepare detailed reports to recommend improvements/action points of how to meet or exceed sales projections.
- Be able to organise and chair productive meetings with different departments, followed by short, effective meeting minutes.
- To assist in improve and implementing the necessary controls to ensure adherence to the Go-To-Market Policy. Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, internal policies, industry standards and regulations as a matter of course.
- Assist in the preparation of the Department's business plan and the Bank's annual budgetary process
- Ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- Perform standard office procedures including processing mail, answering phone calls, ordering supplies and filing.
- Attend training as requested and perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, attention to detail and ability to find the correct solution for complex business problems;
- Proven ability to transform features into well-articulated business requirements;
- Have good verbal, written, and social skills;
- Be computer literate and conversant in MS Office applications;
- Be assertive and self confident;
- Be reliable, organised, and meticulous.
- Experience as a business analyst or product owner or in carrying out daily operational and administrative duties, optimally with a focus on banking, market research, proposition development, project management and/or risk management;
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects.
- Be team player while still being able to work independently when needed;
- Committed to self-development;
- Opinionated, especially about the design and implementation of a product.
- Managerial & Specialist Positions
- Middle Management & Specialist Positions
- Technical & Clerical Positions