Casumo is seeking a dedicated and conscientious Player Protection Expert, to positively impact and improve their gold standard approach to providing a world class experience in a heightened regulatory environment.
You will ensure that Casumo continues to have robust processes with execution/delivery which continue to develop in line with the needs of the business and are consistent with applicable gambling law and regulation at all times.
You will ensure the Casumo AML&SR procedures remain effective and efficient at all times via an ongoing monitoring, reporting and evaluation programme.
The role will report into the Head of Operational Compliance.
The legal bit:
- To protect Casumo (“the company”) and its stakeholders' brands, intellectual property, reputation and financial and other tangible assets from harm caused by fraud and other criminal activities and error, whilst not limiting the company's ability to transact freely and efficiently with its customers and deliver the Business Plan.
- Have fun
Key Areas of Role
- Social Responsibility & AML
- Player Protection
- Compliance, Audit & Regulation
- Supporting the Head of Operational Compliance in implementing and maintaining the compliance programme.
- Responsible for the overarching social responsibility/player protection element of the compliance programme, acting as subject matter expert on all related matters.
- A key member of the Operations Compliance team, providing proactive and commercially astute advice to the business on matters of law and regulation
- Provide accurate and timely legal/regulatory advice to staff at all levels of the organisation
The Customer/member Should Always Come First And Expect
- To enjoy the experience
- To be kept informed
- To be treated with integrity
- Be a person who is gaming at the correct level
You must ensure compliance with the Company's obligations in particular:
- Under the Gambling Act 2005 and LCCP and in respect of Social Responsibility & AML
- Undertaking audit activity to assess adherence to agreed compliance policies and procedures
- Participating in ad hoc and project work as required e.g. remediation projects, process enhancements etc.
- Once the Company is satisfied with Customer and Compliance only then will we make a commercial decision.
- Support the Head of Operational Compliance in the development and implementation of the company's AML/social responsibility/player protection strategy, to ensure compliance with the licencing objectives
- Manage the team and the day to day oversight of customers and their play, to proactively identify those who require further scrutiny and assessment
- Assist in the preparation of all documents relating to AML/social responsibility/player protection including terms and conditions, materials for customers, procedures for staff etc.
- Provide strategic insights via regular high-quality reporting to the management team and key stakeholders in the business.
- Build, maintain and grow networks across the company - in particular with loyalty, ambassadors, and the AML & RG Officers.
- Act as an ambassador (internally and externally) in relation to our player protection programme
- Represent the company in bodies and organisations and in some circumstances, on behalf of the Head of Operational Compliance, when they are unable to attend
- Maintain all social responsibility related content of the intranet and website; monitoring external data and reporting as needed.
- Proactively monitor the Casino's systems and processes, ensuring absolute compliance with both regulatory requirements and the company operating procedures.
- Keep the Head of Operational Compliance fully informed of any breaches/ suspected breaches of procedure, any issues that have arisen or been raised by members of staff
- Conduct monitoring and investigations regarding any potential conduct that violates compliance processes and procedures by any employee
- Assist in both internal and external monitoring and audits, to proactively identify potential areas of weakness within the compliance programme.
- Partner with employees, to ensure current and future compliance with law/regulation and any audit findings
- Audit the delivery of regular training, awareness sessions, communication of recent enforcement activity etc. to help ensure staff maintain a high level of awareness about relevant law/regulation
- Review and help draft internal policies and procedures
- Provide commercially astute compliance advice to the wider business
- Gather information for all regulatory returns, enabling the Compliance Department to submit accurate and timely information to the Gambling Commission
- Collate documents necessary to support legal proceedings or litigation
- Proactive self-motivated, ability to manage competing deadlines and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- An enquiring mind, self-confident, who is not scared to challenge conventional wisdom
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, able to analyse large data sets to formulate insight-led recommendations in a compelling way
- Naturally organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with ability to communicate to senior leaders
- Ability to influence and demonstrate thought leadership, using data and insights
- Confident in building and maintaining a large professional network with key stakeholders.
- Able to prepare MI, KPIs and reports for management.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, including but not limited to the ability to manipulate data to create detailed MI and reports
- Proficient in the reporting features of Excel, comfortable in creating, utilising and combining formula to identify trends to produce comprehensive analysis and reports
- Able to identify potential data sources which can be used to identify customers who may require further assistance
- Able to interpret complex data and use this to present comprehensive MI and reporting to inform strategic decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with personnel on a broad range of areas of expertise and various levels within the organisation
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrable ability to communicate persuasively with internal and external stakeholders across the business in writing and in person, to assess, document, monitor report, develop, coordinate and implement various improvements to compliance activities
- Confidence in acting as ambassador for the company
- Proactive problem solver, who can confidently assess risks and regulatory concerns and identify proactive and commercial solutions enabling the company to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Sound judgement, analytical skills and practicality, including the ability to gather information and synthetize it to identify problems, trends and opportunities
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, project management, organisational skills and present data in a meaningful way
- Organised, to plan and manage workload and competing deadlines
- Extensive experience of working within the gambling industry in a similar role and understanding of the UKGC, MGA regulations and any other country advantageous (EG Spain, Sweden, Denmark etc)