The ideal candidate must have a passion for understanding and working with databases, including MySQL, PostgresSQL, and MongoDB. With a strong focus on understanding product requirements, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to optimize both the product and the database stack, delivering unparalleled performance.
- Be part of the developers scrum and work closely with them in the design and optimization of various data aspects for HAUD products.
- Own and lead work on all the databases.
- Install, maintain, monitor performance, and optimize databases.
- Monitor closely how the systems are performing to identify areas of improvements in both applications and databases usage.
- Be part of the architecture and design teams for new deployments.
- Ensure database availability, reliability and proper disaster recovery procedures.
- Deploy proof of concept (PoC) for new technologies.
- Helps to ensure and build that the required documentation is in place and of good quality.
- Helps to build and ensure that the required documentation is in place and of good quality.
- Understand the data and be able to help and optimize queries and schema.
- Mentor and coordinate more other team members.
- Help other teams to access the data effectively.
- A university degree or equivalent is highly desirable, however candidates with good attitude and an exceptional work experience will be considered.
- At least 2 years working experience in a DBA or similar role
- Passion for building, designing, and creating products of the best absolute quality.
- Passion for Linux, databases and opensource software.
- Willing to always learn and research new technologies is a must.
- Able to work with various teams to obtain a common goal.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects concurrently.
- Very good knowledge of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL administration.
- Very good knowledge of SQL querying and stored procedures.
- Very good knowledge of Linux OS.
- Good Knowledge of a scripting language (such as PHP, Python).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, AWX or other automation tool is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of non-relational databases is considered as an asset
- International and multi-cultural working environment
- Great company benefits
- Staff recognition and career growth
- Learning and Development programme
- Flexible working model (Hybrid in Malta)
For most Mobile Network Operators, SMS A2P is a sleeping giant. Total addressable revenue is stagnant - coming from either fixed price wholesale, or traffic eroding price hikes. HAUD’s complete Messaging Revenue Platform is an industry game-changer allowing MNOs to break free of traditional growth constraints and create attractive revenue strategies which can be enforced through our award-winning SMS firewall and billed via automation.
What is it like to work here:
We are a hyper-growth, global organisation with innovation, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. We know work makes up a massive part of our lives, that’s why our flexible working model ensures that our teams have a healthy work/life balance. We invest in our employees to grow within the business and to continue to develop themselves through our learning and development programmes, providing room for internal promotion and longevity