The main purpose of this role is to join the team of lawyers with particular focus on commercial law matters. The Senior Associate would also be responsible for growth of the more junior associates and paralegals within the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Being the primary point of contact with clients, foreign legal counsel, external advisors, banks, regulatory and governmental organisations, and other parties;
- Handle legal and corporate matters for clients and their business;
- Focus on maintaining client relationships;
- Work actively on client files, and ensuring that deadlines are duly met;
- Conducting timely and precise legal research into specific areas of Law;
- Acting in key roles, including directorships as may be required;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Keeping abreast with legal developments for the areas currently within the department’s portfolios and re-structuring any process or procedure together with the Senior Manager to continuously push for excellence;
- Identifying new business opportunities;
- Attracting new clients;
- Achievement of professionalism and standards of quality within the team by ensuring the team is working in line with company’s mission statement which highlights service, knowledge, excellence and quality.
- Law Degree and the ability to practice law in Malta;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Not less that 6 years post-graduate experience in a similar environment;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook/Office, CRM, database and information systems;
- Pro-active approach;
- Experience in dealing with foreign clients & counter-parts;
- Risk management and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills;
- Mature and independent.
- 8:00/9:00 until 17:00/18:00 any other occasional required hours as per work demands
- Salary offered depends on experience
- Flexibility to allow working remotely from home