Casumo is growing fast, and we're looking for a strong lawyer who can keep up with our pace. Someone to assist, support and advise us on various legal matters to the highest standard, but most importantly; an excellent team player and communicator, eager to grow your skills and develop alongside inspiring and talented colleagues from all over the world.
What you will do:
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents and agreements relating to commercial endeavours, marketing and advertising, corporate and intra-group matters, payment services, consultancies and the provision of games.
- Provide compliance and regulatory assistance as may be necessary pursuant to the markets Casumo operates in.
- Keep yourself up to date with changes in legislation and regulations that affect your role.
- Promote yourself as an ambassador for legal services within the business.
- Provide legal advice on various matters including but not limited to employment, data protection, and general corporate and commercial law.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone experienced in working across various teams and departments (predominantly in online-gaming organisations) to ensure that legal and compliance requirements and initiatives remain at the forefront of the business.
- A qualified lawyer in Malta, UK or within the EU and have a minimum of 2 years PQE preferably in an online-gaming company. Candidates with proven experience in leading firms or organisations working predominantly with the online-gaming sector will also be considered.
- Conversant with the rules and regulations which surround the igaming industry, particularly licensing, compliance and/or regulatory matters and feels confident providing related legal advice in this area.
- An expert in drafting and reviewing contracts and feels comfortable negotiating with several stakeholders, particularly in the fields of payments, marketing, online casino, employment and data protection.
- Has working knowledge in anti-money laundering and data protection legislation and intellectual property matters.
- An organised keeper of corporate matters, such as organisational structure charts, directors' and officers' lists, due diligence documentation on stakeholders for third party providers and regulatory authorities.
- Familiar with tax-efficiency structures and VAT-related issues.
- A guru at drafting resolutions and minutes for the Casumo Group of Companies.
- An efficient communicator, confident in liaising with outside counsel on various legal and compliance matters in various jurisdictions.
- Diligent and organised.
- Capable of working to your own initiative but is also very comfortable working in a tight-knit team within a distributed, multicultural environment..
- Excellent command in written and spoken English; knowledge of any other language is considered an asset, especially Maltese.
Apply for this Job
Apply for this Position
Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Åland Islands Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling Islands) Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Croatia (Hrvatska) Cuba Curaçao Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France France, Metropolitan French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories French West Indies Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard and McDonald Islands Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea (North) Korea (South) Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territories Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saint Barthélemy Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Sint Maarten (Dutch part) Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands South Sudan Spain Sri Lanka St. Helena St. Pierre and Miquelon Sudan Suriname Svalbard Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay US Minor Outlying Islands Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State Venezuela Viet Nam Virgin Islands (British) Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Islands Western Sahara Yemen Yugoslavia Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe
No file selected
No file selected
Website, Blog, or Portfolio
LinkedIn Profile URL
How did you find out about this position?
If you would like Casumo to consider you for other career opportunities with us let us know in the box below. If you don't, that's fine, just leave the box blank.